Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Dell/Abyss Reading Project

So for the last few months I've been slowly but steadily chipping away at organizing my storage space, or as it's more commonly known, my parent's garage.  As soon as the both stopped driving it became the catch all for all of our junk.  It's been quite full, to say the least.  Then last month my sister got married and started moving HER stuff out and suddenly I have all this space to work with!  So...


While I was consolidating and rearranging, sorting things to keep and things to donate, I came across this one box that contained books from that amazing old imprint Dell/Abyss.  I tore into the box and decided I was going to start rereading these books because I remembered them so fondly and I've been missing reading some REALLY GREAT horror.  Not that there isn't any really great horror being published now, there is; but I remember that these books were so cutting edge back in those days and now, some may be considered classics.  Some of these authors have turned to other genres, some still toll away in horror and some have stopped writing.  All I know is these books are great reads, scary and horrifying, just like I like my horror!  I may "review" some, maybe not,  but if you're interested in reading some really excellent horror try searching for these old title; you won't be disappointed!

4 comments:

  1. You do know that my first two books, OBSESSED and PENANCE were published in the Dell/Abyss line, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed I do, Rick! Those are the very editions I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I *loved* the Dell/Abyss books back in the day, altho' I really only ever read a handful. Their whole look/design was so cool. My favorite was definitely the first one they published, Kathe Koja's The Cipher. Lost the rest of 'em over the years; I'd kill to have a complete set now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good site! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I'm wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made.

    ReplyDelete